|Budget considerations should be discussed early in the design process.
What a piece of stained/leaded glass will cost involves several
- overall complexity
- design aspects: will there be fine detail, painted or fused parts
(or other heat processes), layering? ... Does the
design require special building techniques?
- technical aspects: size - usually the larger the piece the more
- placement: door, skylight, high stress placement -more reinforcement
- materials: mainly glass: the many different types of glass vary
tremendously in price - the number of colors and the amount
of glass that needs to be purchased also affect price
- design charges: a stained/leaded glass piece starts with a drawing -
if the drawing isn't right, the actual piece won't be
right. The cost of the initial drawing and subsequent
reworking of drawings can also affect pricing.
- framing: does one need to be made? - size? material? glazing?
All prices are F.O.B. my studio - delivery, packing, and shipping are
An idea of price - as of 4/06 (subject to change without notice) - for
leaded glass - range from a low of about $85 - $125. per square foot
and up .... Add more detail (see above factors) and the price can easily be
$175 - $200. per sq.ft. and up.
A FREE ballpark guesstimate is always
available if you send me - by phone, letter, email, or fax (for fax call
first) - some idea of what you want including design, size, placement,
As for restoration work - generally if releading is not needed - and it
often isn't, the basic charge for restoration is $55. per sq. ft. and
$75 - 85.per sq. ft. if releading is needed. The actual costs will be
determined after inspection of the pieces requiring work.
|COPYRIGHT © 2006 BARBARA ARRINDELL